Saturday, August 27, 2011

TTMIK Special: My TTMIK Story

My Talk To Me In Korean (TTMIK) Story!
 
I have many friends who ask me about Korea. And one of the most common questions I get is recommendations about learning Korean language. Well, there are many ‘good’ sites but most of it are too “academic,” one lesson is too compressed making it hard to understand, no visuals or it’s not updated. One day, one of my friends posted a question on her Facebook wall regarding a particular Korean grammar. One of the answers posted was a link. I was very surprised because the explanation was exactly what I wanted to tell her, even way better hahahaha and it was explained in a very creative manner! That was the start of me becoming a listener, a student and a fan of Talk To Me In Korean (TTMIK)!

Why TTMIK?

The good thing about the website is that it’s accessible anywhere. People from all over the world can access it in their own time at their own pace. If you have plans of coming to Korea in the future or you are scheduled to come to Korea as an exchange student or you just wanna learn and interested in Korean language and Korea, TTMIK is the best way/thing to start!  In my case I read, watch and listen to it while I’m on a subway or bus making my time so worth it.  I’ve already reached the highest level of Korean language class at my school but I still find TTMIK very helpful. I am not saying that learning Korean language at language schools especially in universities is not good. I personally think they’re doing their job well. But, if you can learn Korean through these two venues, why not do both right? ^^ There are many reasons why I like TTMIK. If I were to mention some, one would be the nature of how it’s delivered and it’s not heavy to digest. 
Try visiting http://www.talktomeinkorean.com/ and you will see what I’m talking about ^^ Make it a daily habit! Enjoy!

Part 2 will be my office visit and interview with TTMIK crew ^^

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! Nice to know there are people like me out there

    ReplyDelete
  2. TTMIK is the best way to study Korean!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow didn't know this website before! thank you blogger Miguel! I am also in Korea but I cannot study Korean outside my home because of my baby. I was looking for online sources and I found this blog. 감사합니다!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i just found TTMIK and i'm seriously enjoyed the mp3 and the workbooks! Thanks to you for sharing the website with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My pleasure ^^ Enjoy learning Korean ^^

    ReplyDelete