Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Power Korean: Kim Jong Seon

Born on April 16, 1989, Jong Seon grew up in the suburbs of Seoul, Gimpo. I always think of Gimpo as the airport for domestic flights or flights nearby Korea like Japan and China.  Anyway, back to the topic, he lived in Gimpo for 20 years and decided to find himself after realizing that he didn’t know what to do with his life. His interest in music made him take it as his major in college. Eventually, it also led him to his current career, which is a musical actor after meeting his mentor at his school. He said he saw how his mentor “made” music, which also made him dream of becoming someone in this industry.

I came to know Jong Seon because of a common friend, which I will also introduce later. I think this very humble and polite friend of mine, will definitely be successful in the future. He may be young but he is already very busy with his current career. “There are still many things I have to learn” as he told me many times. He is not just interested at acting but he is also into the mechanics of how a musical is being managed like music, background, setting etc. He is also very open to different kinds of roles he would get in a musical. He said he is ready to take all challenges he would experience as an aspiring actor. When he was younger, being the only child made him stay outside all day with friends. Just like any other young Koreans, as he emphasized, he has done a lot of crazy things way back then. Having no dream for 20 years, he thinks that he is very blessed to be able to finally find what he wants to do. He knows that there will be many challenges ahead. Now he focuses on how to improve his acting and singing and believes that he should be more confident.
He is currently performing in the musical Hwarang which will run until February 2011. His first role was Sadaham but he will play another role, as Kwallang, for the upcoming performances. 



Just a brief background about the “Power Korean” entries. I try to feature my Korean friends’ here which I think worth sharing to the public. I believe this will give everyone a glimpse of normal Korean people’s lives as they dream and take challenges on the path they’ve chosen. Since power Korean is synonymous to potential Koreans, most friends featured here are aspiring artists.

13 comments:

  1. oh my god!!!!! he looks like a member of an idol group! he's so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does he have a girlfriend?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha thanks for the comments. I showed him earlier these comments and he was very happy. He told me to convey his thanks to everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. did you take these pictures?

    ReplyDelete
  5. my favorite one in Hwarang!!
    아야... he is younger than me ㅠ.ㅠ

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Annie thanks for reading my blog. The musical will finish soon (27th). Actually he is currently playing another role, he replaced the blond guy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. eh?????? Hi, realy i was suprising while reading it. ok. let me introduce myself, My name is Kwon Se-hyung, call me shawn, I was doing music arrangement and making instrumental and OST producing for Hwarang. I could know your blog bcuz I wanted to search current news about my musical. anyway Jong-seon is one of my beloved actor in hwarang, he is realy humbel and kind person also so mature as comparing with his age.(of course I know I don't have to explain about his talent) I'm so glad you have written about him ^^ hm.....so then..Are you Korean?? (sorry maybe I'm rude, frankly I'm drunken little a bit haha)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh hello Shawn! Thanks for reading my blog. I have two other stories about Hwarang also in this blog. I haven't contacted Jong Seon for quite sometime. I guess he's still busy with the musical.

    ReplyDelete
  9. By going to Car Rental 8 you can find affordable rental cars at over 50,000 locations across the globe.

    ReplyDelete