Monday, January 4, 2010

Seoul battles heaviest snow in more than 70 years

Seoul battles heaviest snow in more than 70 years. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100104/ap_on_re_as/as_asia_storms
This was one of the most shared news today. I woke up around 6 in the morning, the usual time I wake up to get ready for the day. It was still dark when I looked at the window, everything outside was white because of the snow. I thought it was so cool. Then I proceeded with my morning routine, check e-mails, read news, take a bath and get ready. I was a bit excited to go out to take pictures but the moment I step outside my dorm everything's covered with very thick snow and it was still snowing so hard. When I went outside there were many people walking..wonder why? The buses couldn't go up to the mountain so passengers need to walk. Suddenly everybody did mountain climbing in a heavy snowfall. lol. Well, I live in SNU dormitory which happens to be in the middle of the mountain. Since I have to go to the subway I have to go down and walk from my dorm to the subway station since there were no buses . It was not the worst scenario yet. Together with other people going to their offices, the subway was flocked with passengers. We could not even move inside the station. The worst rush hour in Korea that I've ever experienced. I usually use the subway during rush hour but today was really horrible. ㅠㅠ Transferring to another station was also horrible. It took me more than 30 minutes just to transfer to another line because we could not move. Then outside the station, you cannot run or else you'll end up in the hospital if you dump yourself on the ground so even if everyone's in a hurry they still walked gracefully.lol. Traffic jam's everywhere. Cars in the middle of the street that suddenly cannot move because of the snow, vehicles crisscrossing causing more traffic and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment