Friday, December 25, 2009

My Christmas in Korea

I spent my Christmas in Suwon 수원 with my friend Hyeong-suk 형석 and his family. I arrived in Suwon 수원 around lunch time. It took an hour and 3o minutes by subway. The Suwon 수원 station is like the center of Suwon. The station is connected to big mall which literally offers all the needed facilities for leisurely activities like shopping, movie, restaurants, cafes and more. We went to eat lunch. According to him the place is famous for its dishes. We initially planned to go to Hwaseong Fortress but the weather was not so good so we just went to 목욕탕. This was our second 목욕탕. The place was good and as expected there were many father and kids. I heard Christmas day is like a bonding for fathers and their sons same with the moms and their daughters. After sauna we went to his house. We bought some bread in Paris Baguette so I received calendars with 2PM and Kim Tae Hee as the cover. ^^ It took us another 30 minutes to his house but it was worth it. The house was unbeliavably good ^^; Her mom prepared dinner for and desserts, so my Christmas was basically spent more on eating lol. After eating we headed to a video rental shop. We rented Chau, which is a Korean film that was supposed to be scary but turned out to be a comedy. lol ^^; I'm glad I spent my Christmas with my family here in Korea. ^^

2 comments: